Packing Supplies and Tips
When you put your property in to storage, it is important to make sure you are packing your boxes well. There certainly may be some things you will not box up (furniture, desks, equipment, etc.,) and there will be other things you certainly should be packing in boxes. Even large items that won’t fit in a typical box should be wrapped to protect it.
We offer heated or non-heated units to help if you are packing any leather furniture that you don’t want to form cracks from the cold weather, or any other items that may be temperature sensitive. Even though it doesn’t get too cold in the Portland area, when it does, the cold temperatures could affect your property.
- Make sure to label all your boxes.
- Pack your boxes securely so no items can shift around.
- You can use towels and blankets to wrap around fragile objects.
- Load heavy boxes on the bottom and light boxes on top.
- Know which boxes you may need to access so you can store those closer to the front and on the top.
- Wrap any liquids in plastic bags and seal them if possible.
- Put parts for items you may “unassemble” in baggies and label them. Tape them to the item, if possible.
- To minimize storage space, consider vacuum storing your clothes and linens.
- If you are moving, remember to fill out a change of address with the post office.
We have large selection of supplies for your move!
Our Selection of Moving and Storage Supplies:
- All Size Boxes
- Bubble Wrap
- Dish and Glass Packing Kits
- Mattress Covers
- Plastic Bubbles
- Sofa Covers
- Other Moving Supplies
If you have any questions on the best way to prepare for your moving your property, stop by, give us a call or send us a message online. Stop by during office hours for any products you might need. We have supplies that will meet all your needs for your packing to help make your storage easier and more secure. We are conveniently located in McMinnville on NE Lafayette Avenue.